Friday, November 9, 2018

In Remembrance

"What will you be thinking about during the moment of silence at our Remembrance Day assembly?"  

Students responded:


       Remembrance Day

In the moment of silence tomorrow I will think about how it felt to be in war and I will think about the people who died in war and the people that protected Canada. I will also thank them for keeping us safe and making peace and I will also thank them for making us lucky that we do not have to live in a world where we are always getting bombed. I’m really lucky that I live in a country that is not getting attacked and is in war.

Thank you
- By S.A.



I will think about the red bright poppies. I will think of peace. I will think of the soldiers who died to keep others safe. I’ll think how hard would it be for their family to let their dads, brothers, and maybe their grandparents go in such a war. I’ll think how hard it was for the kids to let their dad’s die. I’ll think that their family will be so proud of them that they died to save others. I’ll think how brave they were to fight against enemies and not care about dying. I’ll think about how people care about the soldiers that’s why all Canada celebrates Remembrance Day. I’ll think how the whole [of] Canada wears red poppies!
- By I.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make your comments kind and respectful.

🎒BACK TO SCHOOL👨🏽‍🦽🚶🏻‍♀️🚶🏿🧑🏻‍🦯

 We are very excited to have students back in the school this week. Here is a short video from our Principal to show you what to expect. See...